Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hail, poetry!

To make Lauren happy, here's a poem I wrote on Saturday:

Green Peace

The world's so full of violence, man.
People have them guns and bombs.
They even droppin' bombs from blimps,
When really all they need's some hemp!
(Medicinal, I mean, not clothes,
The kind the legal farmer grows.)
If everyone just smoked the herb
They'd throw their weapons to the curb.
The world needs peace. I'm tellin' ya'!
The answer, man's, to take a puff,
So grab a blunt, a roach or joint.
I guarantee you'll see my point.
We potheads never fuss and fight.
We cool, man, coller when we light.
'Cuz when we high, we all laid out
Or laughin', man, or makin' out.
That's why next time I see a king,
Or whatever it is they got in Beijing,
I'll tell him, "Man, you stop those wars."
I'll give him weed from my own stores.
We smoke together. The violence stops.
At least, until they call the cops.

In case you're wondering, I have never smoked marijuana in my life, and I do not necessarily agree with the sentiments expressed in this poem. I wrote it because we were having a contest to see who could write the best poem about a silly topic. The topic I drew was "Peace and pot." OK, that's all I got for now, man...woman...whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that the views expressed in this poem make a lot more sense than the ideals held by many world leaders at least. ;)