Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mini-Update: Cell Phone!

So, even though getting a cell phone in the U.S. isn't exactly blog-worthy, for some reason getting a cell phone here makes me feel really accomplished. Also, it's a pretty neat phone, by U.S. standards. Keep in mind that this was the phone that came free with the plan here...






And look! It came with free stuff: a cute little hand towel that I've already used at school (They don't have paper towels in the bathroom for drying your hands) and a free (yes, FREE) mini-SD card to use with the phone:



And I'm sure you've noticed by now that it has photo capability. Count 'em: 8 megapixels, baby. For comparison, here's a photo taken with my 5.1 megapixel digital camera and a similar photo taken with the phone:



I like.

4 comments:

Blue Jean Babe said...

That's awesome picture clarity!! Your new phone is better than my digital cam as well!!! P.S. We've set a date! June 18th 2011... not sure how that will all work with your schooling, but wanted to share "personally".

noname said...

Good pics of you... I like your phone, but I'm even more jealous of your hand towel! Add that to the list: super-cute Japanese towels.

Michelle M said...

Why does it always put me as "noname," even when I log into my Google account? Darn you, blogger, darn you to heck!

Blue Jean Babe said...

I agree, Darn you blogger! However.. It does make it fun playing a mystery guess who game for a bit! Yay for technological, across the globe communication!