Saturday, November 10, 2007

Here's to You!

Because I imagined someone someday asking for it, I bring you:

The Date Updater

5:10
I start primping, etc...
5:35 He calls to say he'll pick me up at 6:30 instead of 6:00.
5:45 Start watching the middle of some lame movie with my roommates.
6:40 He pulls up. There is an exchange of a yellow rose.
6:42 He tells me where we're going, finally.
7:00 We are lost. We pull into the parking lot of K-Mart. He makes a phone call.
7:02 We turn around.
7:12 We arrive at the appointed destination. We are still lost.
7:18 Still lost.
7:23 We find it.
7:24 We view some interesting paintings made by his co-worker.
7:29 We chat with said co-worker.
7:35 Eat cheese cubes and sip Pinot Grigio.
7:38 Back in the minivan.
7:45 On the way to the restaurant.
7:47 Restaurant is dark, appears to be closed. He thinks there might be another location.
7:48 I suggest we look it up in a phone book.
7:48 We enter the liquor store next door to the restaurant and ask for the phone book.
7:49 The address was correct.
7:50 The liquor store clerk informs us that the restaurant closed permanently a week before.
7:52 Back in the minivan. We discuss alternate food options.
7:54 We decide to go to a restaurant we see down the road.
7:58 Joke that a nearby store open late is full of people playing hide and seek.
8:01 We are seated at said restaurant.
8:14 We both order girly drinks.
8:26 The drinks are quite tasty.
8:55 We leave the restaurant.
9:13 Arrive at his house. I stop by the loo.
9:16 We play WiiPlay.
9:32 Other people show up.
9:57 I'm too tired to stay and talk about the possibility of true altruism.
10:01 Back in the minivan.
10:11 Back home, safe and sound.

Now don't ask me how it went. You already know for yourself that it was fun. I had fun. He had fun. We had fun. It was a fun date. OK, peace out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*ahem* One important detail is lacking, my dear...or perhaps I may be the only one uninformed...please satisfy my curiosity.

Smartiniz said...

Er, I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. And even if I did, I don't know who you are, Kristin, IF that's your real name! :P